To My ExJW Family


“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
― Rob Siltanen

Someone shared this with me a few months ago and it brought tears to my eyes. It filled me with the conviction that being cast aside by Jehovah’s Witnesses wasn’t a death sentence. It was a new life with a new message. These words inspired me to tell my story to those that were never in the religion and have no idea what life is like inside or how difficult it can be to come out. 

To those that survived life as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, I love all of you and I am proud of you for making it out. There’s a lot of hard work ahead for all of us but, we can do this. We must show the world that it is possible to thrive beyond spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and sexual abuse. 

I really believe that every human has a story to tell. We all have a fascinating, rich tale of highs and lows that should be shared so that we can all grow together. So, share your life with the world, the easy and difficult, the ugly and beautiful, the tragic and triumphant. We can learn from each other and move past what was done to us by an organization. We can push the human race forward one story at a time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JWs, ExJWs, and Suicide

Am I An Apostate?

Political Unrest